When the lovely people at Nooie contacted us asking if we wanted to review one of their cameras, the Nooie Cam 360, we were more than happy to give it a try.
Nooie sent us their Nooie Cam 360 (which can be found here on Amazon) to try out. When it turned up, the camera was nicely packaged and everything was secured in place. All the little pieces came in a bag so that they didn’t move around the place, and the camera itself was held in place in a piece of cardboard so there was no chance of it moving too much while being delivered.
In this Post.....
What’s in the box?
- Nooie Cam 360 camera
- Power adapter
- Wall mount and screws for the wall mount
- Stickers for the camera
Setting things up
Setup was very straight forward – you need an app (which is free) for your phone (Android & iPhone available) – which is in the app store. Once you have this, you simply create a Nooie account, and it’ll provide you with a QR (barcode). You simply point the camera at your phone with this code on, and it does the setup for you. It really is that simple. You can also share access to the camera with anyone who has a Nooie account.
There’s a few configuration options on the camera – you can control the motion sensor, so it will send you a notification when there’s movement and so on. You can turn the little LED status light off so it doesn’t light up the room, and you can control the audio options and so on. Pretty standard stuff that you’d expect.
What the Nooie offers above and beyond compared to other cameras is the 360 rotation. You can pan and tilt around the whole room, ideal for toddlers who won’t stay in bed during the night! It’s silent when it moves, so no risk of waking the sleeping beauty – and it’s incredibly responsive, you simply drag around the room on the app and the camera pans and tilts accordingly.
The night vision is incredibly clear – we’ve had a couple of cameras in Graysons room, and this is the clearest we’ve seen. Even when you zoom in, at night, it’s still crisp and clear.
Just because we got this for free to test, it doesn’t mean we have to only say nice things 😉 So here’s a few pros and cons about the Nooie 360 cam…
- Easy Setup – Create an account and scan a barcode – job done.
- Well Packaged – would be a nice gift for new parents – it feels very high-end, despite the price
- Great quality camera – the zoom and night vision are incredibly clear
- Notifications for movement and audio pushed straight to your phone
- Ideal if you are out for the evening and want to check in on the baby sitter!
- You need to register with Nooie to use the camera
- It’s an internet based service – so if you’re internet is slow, or it goes down, then the camera might not work as you’d expect
- No separate screen – We have an Angelcare camera in Graysons room, which he’s had since birth. It has a screen that we can carry around the house with us, which means we can use (or turn off!) our phones. If, like us, you like the peace of mind of being able to see your child sleeping without having to load an app, then this probably isn’t for you.
- The device makes a beeping noise when it first turns on. I couldn’t see a way of disabling this, but should you need to restart it during the night, be warned that it’ll beep and bong for a couple of seconds!
Overall, for the price (less than £40!), the Nooie Cam 360 seems like excellent value for money. Whilst we’ve only trialled it for a few days, it seems to be reliable and good quality – and the app on the phones seems to run smoothly without any issues. Buying a camera for a Nursery is something that takes a lot of research – hopefully this review will help you decide if the Nooie is right for you.